- Have you ever wondered if a yeast infection is contributing to your difficulties in becoming pregnant?
- Do you think that the yeast infections are contributing to my difficulties in trying to get pregnant?“
- Are you looking forward to the joys of motherhood?
- Are you aware that certain infections may derail your plans to start a family?
- Do you want to know can yeast infection affect fertility?
Yeast infection is one health issue that plagues most women.
Fret not! The article gives you all the information related to yeast infection and fertility. To know more, go ahead and read!
What Is A Yeast Infection?
Most vaginal yeast infections are caused by the organism Candida albicans. Yeast infections are very common and affect up to 75% of women at some point in their lifetime. The main symptom of a vaginal yeast infection is itching, but burning, discharge, and pain with urination or intercourse can also occur.
Candida or thrush are other names for yeast infection, which affects many people, particularly women. The infection occurs due to Candida Albicans, a fungus that occurs in areas that have skin folds such as the tongue and the vagina. It can also affect the body of individuals who are obese and overweight.
You Can Also Read>> Candida albicans Course, Symptoms And Natural Treatment of Yeast Infections
What Are The Symptoms Of A Yeast Infection?
For around 50% of women, the candida fungus forms the normal flora of the vagina.Therefore, it is a tad difficult to diagnose yeast infections. However, there are certain common symptoms which may indicate a possible infection. Here are a few signs you should watch out for:
- Mild to severe itching around the vagina
- Burning sensation during urination
- Burning sensation after a sexual intercourse
- Swelling, irritation, redness, and fissures in the vulva.
- Thick white discharge
- Yeast-like odour from the discharge
How Can Yeast Infections Affect My Fertility?
If you only get a yeast infection once or twice a year and it is easily treated by home methods, you are probably fine and the only way it will affect your fertility is by making you so uncomfortable from itching and slight burning you will not want to have sexual intercourse. Remember that yeast infection can be passed on to your partner; so it is best to avoid sexual contact while you have a yeast infection or any type of vaginal infection.
Recurrent vaginal yeast infections cause the internal vaginal flora to become unbalanced which may make it harder for the sperm to reach the uterus. Sperm is not killed by overgrowth of Candida, but because the infection changes the consistency of the cervical mucous, it may make it more difficult for the sperm to reach the cervical opening.
An imbalance in our vaginal flora impairs the vaginal mucosa’s ability to fight off other infections or diseases, which may lead to other fertility issues later in life. Having a yeast infection is difficult on the bodies immune system and if you have other fertility issues you are trying to heal it may make it harder on your body if it is constantly fighting Candida overgrowth.
How to Test for Candida at Home
The Candida Saliva Test
- Fill a glass of water and place it by your bed before you go to sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning, first thing. work up some saliva and spit into the glass of water. You must do this before anything else enters your mouth or touches your lips. So you can not kiss your partner, brush your teeth, drink water or eat anything before this test.
- Take a look at your saliva in the glass immediately after you spit into the glass. Check again 3 minutes later, then every 15 minutes.
Healthy saliva will be clear and found floating on the top. Then it will slowly dissolve into the water without sinking or making the water cloudy. There may be some foam or bubbles present.
Candida saliva will have one or more of these three characteristics
- Cloudy specks suspended in the water
- Strings traveling down to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy saliva that sinks to the bottom of the glass.
- The more strings, cloudiness, etc, the more candida is present
Yeast infection caused by Candida is transferable via sexual intercourse, and if your partner has it as well you may be spreading it back and forth. Men often do not have symptoms of Candida overgrowth until it is very severe, but regardless of symptoms, men can still have Candida.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection.
- Mild to severe vaginal itching mainly of the vulva
- Thick whitish discharge, cottage cheese appearance, yeast or bread-like odor
- Swelling of the vulva, reddish irritation of the vulva, vulva may crack or fissure
- Burning sensation after or during sexual intercourse or urination
Note: These symptoms are also similar to other vaginal infections. If after treatment for yeast infection, natural or over the counter, the symptoms persist, you may want to see your doctor to have testing done to rule out other causes of vaginal infection.
Risk factors for Yeast Infection
- Poor diet, high consumption of sugars
- Repeated use or recent use of antibiotic medication
- Any change in the environment of the vagina, ie sexual intercourse, menstruation, pregnancy
- Diabetes mellitus
- Use of birth control pills
- HIV, AIDS and other illness that causes a weakened immune system
- Oral Sex, if partner has thrush
- Tight synthetic underwear, such as polyester contribute to yeast overgrowth
- Public Hot Tubs
- Acute cases may arise from excessive consumption of alcohol or a stressful situation in life
What Is The Treatment For A Yeast Infection?
Don’t panic after reading about a yeast infection. You can easily treat it by using a Natural Supplement. If you are not pregnant as yet, your doctor may suggest certain oral medications.These medications control the fungal growth and tackle the infection within a week.
Natural Treatment Candida Albicans
Here would like to share with you some natural supplements which will help to treat CANDIDA problem and benefit you with more other health needs. FOREVER LIVING PRODUCTS have the best products for candida albicans treatment as follows:
Combinations Products For Candida Albicans Treatment
Powerful Combinations of Organic Products That Helps Detox, Improve immune system And Helps Completely Rid Of Candida albicans In Body System…..>>>> learn more.
Ways You Can Treat Yeast Infection From Home
Following some simple steps can help you keep yeast infections at bay. Here are some handy tips:
- Avoid eating refined grains such as white flour, white rice or any products containing these
- Avoid all sugars. Candida thrives on sugars, refined grains breakdown into sugars. This includes concentrated fruit juices, dried fruit, soda, candy, sweets, ice cream, etc. Even honey and agave should be avoided if possible. Consume only fresh vegetable juices made in a juicer.
- Eat a lot fresh vegetables, whole grains and fresh fruits
- Avoid alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages contain high amounts of sugars.
- Take a good probiotic, mainly lactobacillus supplement to repopulate the “good” bacteria in your intestinal tract. We like MegaFlora by Megafood
- Eat organic plain yogurt with active live cultures of “good” bacteria.
- Be sure to take a wholefood multivitamin.
- Garlic capsules increase resistance to infection and supports immunity.
- Echinacea may help in acute infection to help support immunity short term.
These diet changes need to be implemented for at least 4-6 weeks to make a noticeable difference…
Did this article help you understand more about yeast infections and fertility?
Let us know by dropping a comment below.
You must log in to post a comment.