Your lungs can be very badly affected by smoking. Coughs, colds, wheezing and asthma are just the start. Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Remember smoker are liable to die young. lungs
Live with healthy lungs
The lungs are an essential part of the respiratory system. It is an organ responsible for bringing oxygen to the body. It is also a detoxification organ that protects us from air borne toxins such as dust, smoke and bacteria. Lungs detoxify by removing carbon dioxide and mucus from the body. Mucus is produced by bronchial to warm and moisten the air before they enter the lungs. Mucus also prevent harmful particles like dust from entering the lungs by trapping and filtering them out of the airway before being expelled in the form of phlegm through coughing.
A poor diet combined with living in a polluted area, smoking and shallow breathing can make our lungs’ function less efficient.
Tips for healthy lungs:
- Do lung exercises regularly – Stand in a relaxed position in a green surrounding where the air is clean. Inhale normally and slowly and hold for few seconds. Then exhale slowly to remove the air deepest in the lungs that often have the most impurities.
- Take a brisk walk at least once a day. Walking promotes healthy breathing.
- Maintain a diet rich in fruits and vegetables which help to keep your immune system strong and healthy.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can damage your lungs and reduce body resistance to fight respiratory infections.
- Drink at least 2 liter of water per day to facilitate detoxification process in your body.
Recommended products for immune support:
You must log in to post a comment.