Mental Health Benefits of Folic Acid and Vitamin B12
When we hear about folic acid, we might think about its role in supplementing a healthy pregnancy or preventing birth defects but its mechanism, to the average person, may be slightly unclear. How does this supplement work? Similarly, when we hear about vitamin B12, we may just think of it as one of the vitamins we were told to take daily that one time by our primary care physician.
What are its benefits?
We are all familiar with the names of these two B vitamins, at least in some capacity, however their benefits and mechanisms are sometimes ambiguous. Let’s review B12 and folic acid as they relate to mental health, more specifically, how they relate to the treatment of depression.
What Are They?
Each of the B vitamins (a total of 8) convert carbohydrates into glucose so the body can utilize protein and fat. B vitamins support the brain, the nervous system, the liver, hair, and skin. Folic acid/folate and vitamin B12 are two B vitamins that are necessary for both the production of red blood cells and for the utilization of iron.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin found in meat, fish and dairy, and can be taken in the form of a supplement. Similar to folic acid, B12 may be used in the prevention or treatment of a range of conditions and illnesses such as memory loss, heart disease, male infertility, diabetes, sleep disorders, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and skin infections, to name a few. Vitamin B12 compliments proper brain development and function, as well as the functioning of blood cells and nerves. Vitamin B12 and folic acid
Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate, a water-soluble B vitamin. While folate can be found naturally in foods like leafy greens, fruits, yeast, and meat, folic acid is generally either taken in its supplement form or added to manufactured foods such as cereals, breads, pasta and cookies. Folic acid might be used in the prevention and/or the management of conditions such as iron deficiency, liver disease, ulcerative colitis, anemia, cancer and/or alcoholism. The body uses folate/folic acid in the creation of new cells and prevention of rapid changes at a cellular level that might lead to disease.
How does B12 and folic acid work together?
with vitamin B12 in making red blood cells and helps iron function properly in the body. Vitamin B9 works with vitamins B6 and B12 and other nutrients in controlling the blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine.
How much B12 and folic acid should I take?
According to the latest guidelines, most adults should get 400 micrograms of folic acid a day, pregnant women should get at least 600 mcg, and breast feeding women should get 500 mcg. Younger adults need 1.3 milligrams of B-6; after age 50, women need 1.5 mg and men need 1.7 mg. adults need 2.4 micrograms of B-12. Vitamin B12 and folic acid
When should I stop taking folic acid?
When should I stop taking folic acid? Once you reach 12 weeks pregnant your baby’s spine will have developed, so you can stop taking folic acid if you wish. However you can continue to take supplements after 12 weeks if you choose to and it won’t harm your baby to do so.
Who needs folic acid?
CDC urges all women of reproductive age to take 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid each day, in addition to consuming food with folate from a varied diet, to help prevent some major birth defects of the baby’s brain (anencephaly) and spine (spina bifida).
What are the benefits of b12 vitamins?
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak.
Summary: When you are deficient in B12, your body isn’t able to produce enough red blood cells to effectively transport oxygen throughout your body. This can make you feel tired and weak.
Naturally Supplement To Help Enrich Your Body Systems Using Forever B12 Plus Learn The Benefits of Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid Products From Forever Living Below.
Definition of Forever B12 Plus.
Fill your nutritional gap with Forever B12 Plus ® , which combines vitamin B12 and folic acid to help produce red blood cells, improve the way iron is used in the body and support the immune system.
An excellent combination of essential nutrients, Forever B12 Plus ® combines Vitamin B12 with Folic Acid utilizing a time-release formula to help support metabolic processes – including cell division, DNA synthesis, red blood cell production and proper nerve function.
Forever B12 plus is an a powerful punch of vitamin B12 and folic acid. These elements are beneficial to women wishing to conceive or are in the first three months of pregnancy. Vitamin B12 and folic acid
PRESENTATION Of Forever B12 Plus.
Forever B12 Plus contains 60 tablets in bottle. Its product reference is 188.
C. Ingredients of Forever B12 Plus.
The composition of Forever B12 Plus® is:
- acidity regulator (dicalcium phosphate),
- thickener (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, microcrystalline cellulose),
- anti-caking agent (stearic acid, silicon dioxide),
- stabilize (magnesium stearate),
- vitamin B12,
- folic acid.
D. BENEFITS of Forever B12 Plus.
- Helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels.
- Essential for energy production.
- Contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Time release formula, Gluten free,
- supplement of vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Forever B12 plus is also essential to vegetarian or vegan diets as it’s normally obtained from animal sources (Vegetarian friendly, Vegan friendly). Research shows as many as 30 percent of adults aren’t getting enough of this important vitamin. This is especially true for vegans, vegetarians or many people on a restricted diet.
- essential in pregnancy, helps with the development of fetus in the first 3 months of pregnancy,
- promotes growth, improves concentration and memory,
- forms and regenerates blood cells, increases energy and helps in formation of red cells.
- aids metabolic process like cells division, DNA synthesis, red blood cells production (anaemia), and proper nerve function.
Forever B12 Plus® features an advanced delivery system to help ensure maximum nutrient absorption, so you’re getting the most out of every dose. We’ve combined vitamin B12 with folic acid in a groundbreaking time-release formula to help support metabolic processes, assist in production of red blood cells and promote a healthy immune system.
- The release of B12 into your system throughout the day will promote healthy energy levels and also helps your body maintain healthy homocysteine levels, a naturally-occurring amino acid that contributes to heart health.
- Research has shown women who consume healthful diets with adequate folate throughout their childbearing years may reduce their risk of having a child with a birth defect of the brain or spinal cord. Anencephaly and spina bifida are the most common neural tube birth defects and have been linked to folate deficiencies.
Forever B12 Plus combines Vitamin B12 with Folic Acid utilizing a time-release formula to help make possible metabolic processes – including cell division, DNA synthesis, red blood cell production, and proper nerve function.
- Vitamin B12, or Cyanocobalamin, was first discovered in 1948 as a nutritional factor that is vital for red blood cell production. B12 also works with folic acid to maintain healthy homocysteine levels in the body. Perform this first act of love for your baby!
- Vitamin B12 deficiency also means deficiency in folic acid, which is critical to the fetus during the first three months of pregnancy, also making it beneficial to women wishing to conceive. This supplement is extremely safe, as both components are tolerated in large amounts. It is also essential to a vegetarian or vegan diet, as B12 is normally obtained from animal sources.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin, extrinsic factor) is essential for nerve cell metabolism, it improves methionine metabolism (for the prevention of vascular problems), is essential for cell division processes, improves protein metabolism, important for hemoglobin production. In addition, it stimulates the functioning of the immune system and the intestinal flora, it is important for the transformation of food energy into bio-energy, promotes the conversion of carotene to vitamin A and increases sperm, quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Vitamin B12 is very popular with vegetarians and vegans.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to an anemia called pernicious.
- Folic acid is essential for cell division processes (important during pregnancy), promotes lactation, plays its role in the metabolism of proteins and fats, essential for the production of red blood cells, stimulates the formation of gastric acid, contributes to the metabolism of the brain, to the proper functioning of the liver and is important for the proper functioning of the immune system, helps to suppress arteriosclerosis.
- Folic acid deficiency results in anemia, general weakness, lack of energy, pallor, mental disorders and headaches. Since 1993, studies have shown that taking extra folic acid before and soon after the start of pregnancy reduces the risk of giving birth to a child with spina bifida.
- Enjoy the benefits of Vitamin B12 and folic acid together, in a formula exclusively designed to complement the rest of our supplement range!
Choose Forever B12 Plus®. We’ve packed in nature’s benefits with a time-release formula that keep you properly supplied with B12 for hours. Look and feel your best by making this advanced supplement part of your daily routine.
Use of Forever B12 Plus.
As a dietary supplement, take one or two tablets daily, preferably after meals.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- If you are taking any medications or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
You Can Also Read.