Nutritious Fruits – Diet is of foremost importance in your pregnancy. A very important part of your diet should be fruits and vegetables; these should form a massive chunk of your everyday meal. Eating healthy food rich in vitamins, fiber and minerals takes care of your unborn baby’s complete nutrition as well as your health.Nutritious Fruits, Nutritious Fruits
Importance Of Fruits In Your Diet:
Fruits are an important food group that you need to incorporate into your routine diet. Fruits provide you and your baby with important nutrients like beta carotene that helps in developing the tissue and cell development, while laying foundation for a stronger immune system. The vitamin C present in fruits is vital for progress of teeth and bones, while folic acid helps prevent the fetal growth defects.
The rich fiber found in fruits; help you to steer clear of issues such as constipation and formation of hemorrhoids. The following are the best fruits during pregnancy. Mother and Baby Care – For Pregnant Woman
Top 12 Fruits To Eat During Pregnancy:
Here are the different kinds of fruits you can eat during your pregnancy. These are all very healthy for your baby’s development and will provide you with ample nutrition and energy.Your diet should include following fruits during pregnancy.
There is a lot of confusion about whether pears are good to be consumed during pregnancy or not, so we suggest you definitely check with your doctor before having.
- Pears contain high amounts of folate or folic acid, ideal for would be moms.
- Folic acid is vital to prevent neural tube defects in growing babies during the pre-natal stage.
Cherries are a great source of Vitamin C.
- While pregnant, you will require sufficient amount of Vitamin C to fight infections such as common cold and rashes.
- Eating cherries also helps in efficient blood supply to the placenta and the baby. Nutritious Fruits, Nutritious Fruits
- Cherries also come packed with Melatonin, a powerful antioxidant hormone that helps in stimulating the cell growth while your belly stretches during pregnancy.
- Experts say that melatonin helps you to get a good night sleep with its powerful anti-stress inducing factor.
Grapes can be your healthy snacking option during the pregnancy period.
- Grapes are full of essential nutrients such as glucose, fructose, pholbaphene, galic acid, silicic acid, oxalic acid, pectin, magnesium, calcium, iron, folic acid and vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, A, C, P, PP, K.
- This fruit also rich in other important enzymes.
The good old guava is a tropical fruit that you will mostly love biting into while you are pregnant. Most women also report having guava cravings.
- Guava is mostly a mommy’s food, helping to regulate your immune system and blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Guava comes rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iso-flavonoids, Carotenoids and Polyphenols.
- The fruit helps in easy digestion while providing strength to your growing baby’s central nervous system.
Having apple helps in many ways.
- It enhances the immunity and strength of your baby.
- There is reduced risk of wheezing, asthma and eczema in your child in his later stages of life if you take apple during your pregnancy.
- Apples are rich in Vitamins A, E, D and Zinc.
If you are one of those women who crave for mangoes in their pregnancy, we suggest you go right ahead.
- Mango contains heavy amounts of Vitamin C required to regulate your digestion, reduce constipation and relieve you from minor infections.
- The fruit is available only in summer, so if you are due around that time, make sure include this delicious seasonal fruit.Nutritious Fruits, Nutritious Fruits
Watermelon is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, B6, Magnesium and Potassium.
- Loaded with minerals, it is also rich in fiber ideal for pregnant conditions.
- Watermelon also helps ward off that queasy feeling during morning sickness.
- In your last trimester, watermelon helps reduce heart burn, swelling in your hands and feet, reduces muscle cramps and keeps you hydrated.
- It is an essential addition to your pregnancy diet.
Consumption of blueberries should be avoided in excessive quantities.
- One cup of blueberries contains 114 milligrams of potassium, very vital for regulating your blood pressure.
- Blueberries also have Vitamin C, folate, calcium and fiber.
- The best way to consume blueberries is to add them with breakfast such as corn flakes and other cereals.
Just like cherries, strawberries are a great snacking delight.
- While you can indulge in a bowl of strawberries any time of the day, the delicious fruit keeps you nourished with great amounts of vitamins and fiber.
- Just like mangoes, strawberries are high on folate content.
- There are other nutrients such as manganese and potassium that aid in the growth of stronger bones for your baby.
Bananas are one of the healthiest foods to have during pregnancy.
- Bananas have folate, vitamin C, B6, potassium, magnesium, etc.
- The folate does its usual super job of protecting the pre natal fetus from neural tube defects.
- Vitamin B6 helps regulate your sodium levels, controlling nausea and vomiting.
- The rich magnesium content in a banana helps restore a healthy fluid balance.
- Potassium is vital to protect yourself from the possible attack of stroke or any other pregnancy related complications.
- Doctors usually recommend consuming one banana every day during your first trimester.
11. Custard Apple:
Perhaps this is one of the best fruit during pregnancy that can be consumed, custard apple comes seasonally. So if you are pregnant right in time when the fruit arrives, feel free to indulge.
- Custard apple comes loaded with Vitamin A and C, which are absolutely good for the eyes, skin, hair, and body tissues of your growing baby.
- The tasty seasonal fruit is also said to enhance cognitive functioning of your baby in the pre natal period of development.
- For expectant mommies, high fiber in custard apple helps prevent constipation and also eases the pain while in labor.
- The rich antioxidants present in this delightful fruit help you keep active and detoxified while preparing for childbirth.
The red pearly pomegranates are nature’s gift to a pregnant woman.
- Pomegranates contain good amounts of energy, calcium, folate, iron, protein and Vitamin C.
- Thus it is absolutely beneficial to consume pomegranates during the pregnancy period, be it as a whole fruit or as juice.
These are some of the fruits that should be a part of your diet while you are pregnant. Remember, a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables along with other supplements is a must. Talk to your health care practitioner to know more about your daily fruit intake. Enjoy this wonderful period and pamper yourself with some super healthy fruits.
What is your favourite fruit during pregnancy? We would love to know that:
Happy Pregnancy! Nutritious Fruits, Nutritious Fruits