Diabetes–too much sugar, or glucose, in the blood–is caused by your body’s inability to regulate insulin. According to the Mayo Clinic website, having diabetes doubles your risk of having a heart attack or stroke, and can cause nerve damage, circulatory problems, slow healing, blindness and increased risk of infection. The aloe vera plant has been used for thousands of years to treat wounds and burns, and some evidence suggests it can lower blood sugar levels as well. If you are interested in trying aloe to alleviate your symptoms of diabetes, your doctor can advise you whether or not you are a good candidate for this complementary treatment.
Types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes occurs when a patient’s body doesn’t produce the amount of insulin it needs, and they are completely dependent on receiving insulin injections.
- Type 2 diabetes: This type of diabetes is more common in adults, and occurs when the patient’s cells no longer correctly use the insulin produced by the body.
How does it affect diabetes?
Preliminary research suggests that intake of aloe vera juice can help improve blood glucose levels andmay therefore be useful in treating people with diabetes
Aloe has also been linked with:
- Decreased blood lipids (fats) in patients with abnormally high levels of these molecules in the blood (e.g. some people with type 2 diabetes) and/or acute hepatitis (liver disease)
- Decreased swelling and faster healing of wound injuries. Leg wounds and ulcers are common complications of diabetes, and they typically take longer time to heal than in healthy non-diabetic individuals.
These positive effects are thought to be due to the presence of compounds such as lectins, mannans and anthraquinones.
Diabetes is diagnosed when a patient’s fasting blood sugar level is greater than or equal to 130 mg/dl, or when it rises to 200 mg/dl or more one to two hours after a meal.
Previous clinical research has identified effective therapeutic properties of aloe vera in the treatment of certain skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, burns), gastro-intestinal conditions and cell ageing, thanks to its antioxidant properties.
Diabetics are also likely to help strongly from aloe vera’s blood enhancements. Since aloe vera reverses “sludge blood” and boost up circulation to extremities, diabetics suffering from peripheral neuropathy (hands and feet going numb) are likely to help strongly from aloe vera supplements.
Diabetics feel better on aloe vera juice
There is recent evidence supporting the theory that aloe vera can lower both blood sugar and cholesterol – in people with type-2 diabetes. In a two-month study, published in 2012 in Planta Medica, researchers treated diabetic patients with 300 mg. of aloe vera extract, in capsule form – every 12 hours, and found that aloe was significantly superior to placebo in reducing blood sugar levels and harmful LDL cholesterol, with no adverse effects reported.
Blue Shield Complementary and Alternative Health concurs that aloe vera has been shown to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels in both animal and human studies, and lists the usual dosage of aloe vera juice as 5 to 15 ml., taken twice a day.
Why is aloe such a potent healing substance?
Aloe is rich in potent phytocompounds – that attack pain and swelling and promote healing. Polysaccharides, including a substance called acemannan, act as natural anti-inflammatory and healing agents – which can also improve blood circulation and oxygenation. Allantoin, a natural chemical compound found in aloe, has mucilaginous qualities, meaning it has a soothing and demulcent effect.
What’s the relationship between aloe and diabetes?
Thanks to our modern lifestyle and numerous other factors, diabetes has become one of the most common diseases affecting the world’s population today. The situation is very worrisome to health experts as the number of people with high blood sugar continues to rise, and we’re not changing our lifestyle.
Because of the dangers that a disease like diabetes poses, health experts recommend improving your lifestyle, particularly when it comes to your diet. In addition, it’s also a good idea to consider some home remedies, and that’s where the aloe comes in.
- Aloe can help regulate your blood sugar levels naturally. The gel from this plant controls glucose in the bloodstream, helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from diabetes.
- Regular consumption of aloe can improve your kidney and colon health, two of the organs most affected by diabetes.
- Regular consumption of aloe in combination with a diet that’s low in carbohydrates can help slow the progression of diabetes naturally.
- Taking two doses of aloe gel per day, or 5 to 15 ml, can reduce your levels of blood sugar significantly.
Seven reasons to use aloe to treat diabetes
1. Aloe contains glucomannan, which is key to reducing blood sugar levels thanks to its soluble fiber content. Hemicellulose also effectively reduces blood sugar.
2. Other important components of aloe gel, like anthraquinones, organic phenols, and lectins are key to helping maintain low blood sugar.
3. In just two months, aloe can reduce your blood sugar levels by up to 50%.
4. Aloe stimulates the elimination of toxins and waste that accumulate in the body, further reducing excess sugar in the bloodstream.
5. Regular use of aloe as a treatment for diabetes can help fight other associated problems, like ulcers, wounds, infections, and more – thanks to its high content of anti-oxidants.
6. Regular use of aloe stimulates the secretion of insulin, which is especially helpful for patients with type 2 diabetes.
7. Aloe is a natural product that can be safely used to fight diabetes, without debilitating side effects.
How should you incorporate aloe into your diet?
- To reduce your blood sugar levels you should try to consume only pure aloe gel that’s fresh from the plant.
Forever living Aloe vera gel 100% Aloe Gel
Our Forever Aloe Vera Gel made from 100% pure aloe. Almost like slicing open an aloe leaf and consuming the gel directly from the plant. Formulated in a base of stabilized aloe vera gel. There are no chemicals added at processing. Only pure natural ingredients used. The aloe leaf contains 200 health promoting compounds, including 12 vitamins,(B1,B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E), 18 amino acids and 20 minerals.
Enjoy the exotic flavor of our pure aloe vera gel! Recommended daily dosage: if you have not been drink it before start with 2 oz. the first 3 days and after 4 oz. every morning before food! (3 bottles for a month) Our Forever Gel is all natural you can’t overdose it! Helps also reduce the side effects of medications and promotes their absorption.
We recommend to drink any of our aloe vera gel drinks (aloe vera gel, aloe berry nectar, aloe bits n’ peaches) together with aloe blossom herbal tea. The tea can help to prepare the digestive system and enzymes to process and digest the gel easier.
How can Forever living aloe vera gel help diabetics?
Here are some of the reasons why Forever living aloe vera gel is one of the most efficient natural treatments for diabetes:
- Forever living Aloe vera gel s packed with glucomannan, a soluble dietary fiber (polysachharide), and thus reduces glucose levels. To be more precise, this hemicellulose component acts as a hypoglycemic substance and reduces blood sugar efficiently.
- Anthraquinones, organic phenols with distinctive aroma, and lectins, proteins that bind carbohydrates together, are some of the compounds found in aloe vera that reduce blood glucose and regulate its level.
- Aloe vera can reduce blood sugar by 50 % within 2 months.
- It cleanses the body and eliminates excess glucose in the bloodstream.
- Aloe vera has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that keep us safe from ulcers, wounds, infections and other diabetes-related conditions.
- It stimulates the secretion of insuline, and thus alleviates the symptoms of diabetes.
- Aloe vera is all-natural, meaning it causes no side-effects in the treatment of diabetes.
Forever Living Customer Testimonial
FLP Adam was diagnosed with Diabetes at the age of 10. After the initial shock wore off we were shown how to monitor his blood sugar levels. As expected at first they were all over the scale. Doctors tried for a long time to stabilise them between 5 and 10. His insulin was altered on an almost daily basis. No matter what was tried – more insulin/less insulin- the levels were either too high or far too low. Eventually the doctors decided on the level of insulin to be given even though his blood sugar level was still high (12-17). It was finally accepted that his levels would be high, averaging out at 15 and would be unlikely to change. We had gotten use to this and thought nothing more of it. Then a friend told me the results they were getting for their son who had the same problem, I immediately ordered the Aloe Vera Gel, Adam thought it tasted horrible but continued to drink it, as he knew it would do him good. After a few days we noticed that his blood sugar levels started to fall. We did not know why this was but we were pleased. Adam carried on drinking the gel and was happier when we changed to the Berry Nectar. His blood sugar levels have now stabilised at an average of 8 and continue to do so and the only thing we can think that it is due to is the Aloe Vera Gel as nothing else has changed in his routine. Thank you for a brilliant product. Forever Living