Pomegranate juice is increasingly seen as an real gift for our health. Despite being a little bit difficult to prepare, it is a small effort that will certainly paid off.You can eat the pomegranate at the end of meals or add to delicious salads. However, the best way to benefit from its remarkable quality is the natural juice drink.
Pomegranate juice helps keep the cholesterol in control, clean the arteries, fight against inflammation and also, according to some studies conducted by the University of London, can delay the onset of Alzheimer’s.
In this article we will talk of this very interesting aspect.
Pomegranate juice can slow the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s is that terrible disease that erases our identity, who we are, what we experienced … We can say, without being wrong, that this is the saddest disease, for which there is still no treatment that can give hoping to avoid or, at least, to curb 100% advancement.
By this we mean that, nowadays, there are only a few drugs that improve a little bit the quality of life of sufferers.
Pomegranate juice, exactly like having a healthy lifestyle, can help prevent this disease with a percentage ranging between 20 and 30%, according to submissions by the experts. For this reason, we want to share with you the results of this research.
This study was conducted in 2014. The data, highlighted that a glass of pomegranate juice a day can help reduce the accumulation of harmful proteins associated with Alzheimer’s.
The project leader, Dr. Olumayokun Olajide, pointed out the following:
Alzheimer’s is accompanied with a buildup of plaque in our brain cells, which causes the loss of myelin. Myelin is a layer that lines the cells and neurons, whose absence causes a disconnect that prevents the same information to be transmitted properly. This plaque, called “beta-amyloid”, appears due to oxidation cell.
As we already said, the experiment was conducted in the laboratory in 2014 and were used in rats. Those receiving pomegranate juice regularly, saw improved on their cognitive function in an extraordinary way.
The amount of beta-amyloid in the cerebral cortex, also, decreased by about 50%. One thing really promising.
According to the researchers, this study clearly showed positive effects of pomegranate consumption in the treatment of Alzheimer’s. Although these data are referring to a test conducted on animals, there are very good chances of good results in humans.
Although more research will be needed to develop a drug made from pomegranate, experts already stressing that it is advisable for every healthy person, and especially for those who already suffer from some dementia, to increase the consumption of pomegranate.
Remember, we need to consume 100% natural juices.
Other benefits of the pomegranate
Pomegranate is good for the heart
Can be taken as fruit or juice; anyhow, taking it regularly, heart health will benefit:
- Decrease the levels of cholesterol LDL or bad cholesterol due to its high content of polyphenols.
- Help prevent hardening of the arteries and fight against atherosclerosis.
- Drinking pomegranate juice every day will increase by 130% the total blood antioxidant activity.
- The pomegranate helps prevent and treat arthritis
- The pomegranate extract may help prevent and treat the onset of osteoarthritis. This is due to its potent inhibitory action against enzymes that cause the breakdown of the cartilage; in this way, also they avoid inflammation.
Pomegranate is best for health, skin, hair and even for adding flavor in food thus, there are few benefits of pomegranate that show effect on health and on body are.
- It help to prevent cancer and heart diseases
- Boost immunity and increase bone health
- Provide healthy skin and anti-aging benefits
- Control blood pressure and prevent dental plaque
- Healthy arteries and control weights also
- Prevent diarrhea and damaging cells
- Treat acne and good for dry skin as well as for oily/combined skin
- Treatment for inflammation of skin and protect from sun damage
- Strengthens the follicles of hair and provide various treatments for frizzy hairs.
Pomegranate juice improves the appearance of skin
Pomegranate, in the form of juice or in capsules, thanks to its extract helps protect the skin from free radical attacks, as well as from ultraviolet rays, UVA and UVB.
Pomegranate protects against cancer
Drinking pomegranate juice everyday can offer great benefits to prevent very serious diseases such as Alzheimer’s and cancer. We stress again that it can not prevent them to 100%, but certainly can help.
It certainly is worth it. In this sense, the pomegranate can delay the progression of bladder cancer, breast, colon or prostate cancer.
The secret is, as you know, in its high content of antioxidants. Thanks to this, we can reduce the growth of cancer cells and protect us from the onset of skin cancer, which is obviously very important.
How about you start to drink a glass of natural pomegranate juice a day?
You must log in to post a comment.