The culture of being “perfect” and young is very distressing for many of those who do not feel “perfect” for whatever reason. In extreme cases, stretch marks is more than capable of ruining a life, sometimes to the point of being suicidal. Nobody talks about it much. Psychologists and dermatologists seem to underestimate or ignore the effect of stretch marks on mental health, but the fact is that in the long run, stretch marks afflicted people are prone to depression.
– Scars form once the skin tissue is injured or punctured. The fibrous or scar tissue forms over the wound to repair the skin. When this scar tissue grows excessively, it can form a smooth, hard growth called a Keloid (Scar). Keloids can result from acne, burn, chicken pox, piercing, scratch, surgical cut scars and vaccination sites.
Now you have a basic idea of how stretch marks and scars originate, it becomes much easier to understand how the products below can help you. .
Our Combined Stretch Marks Remover is specially formulated to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and is safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Packed with active ingredients that reduce the redness and size of the marks, it is also suitable for stretch marks from weight gain or growth spurts.
– Stretch Marks result when the tissue underneath the outer layer of skin expands faster than the skin. This rapid expansion can be caused by weight gain, excessive muscle growth, and pregnancy. Also, growth spurts during puberty, use of corticosteroids and genetic susceptibility are known causes.
Stretch Marks Remover Combined with super hero ingredient that has been scientifically proven to reduce scars by over 40%, lessen redness and soothe irritation.
- It Rich in Vitamin C: Contains A powerful antioxidant that boosts collagen and elastin production and helps repair skin damage to give a smoother, healthier looking appearance.
- It contains intensely moisturising natural ingredient that acts like a second skin by hydrating and supporting the skin and protecting the skin barrier.
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant and skin protector that repairs skin damage and boosts rejuvenation.
Thankfully, there are ways to naturally treat, minimize and effectively deal with stretch marks without having to resort to drastic, extreme or expensive measures. Turn your stretch marks tale of despair into a natural solution success story!
Forever Living Products for Stretch Marks & Scars
For every skin condition, it is important to know that in order to solve the problem, you must treat both from the INSIDE and the OUTSIDE (within and without). Ever heard the statement;
It is perfectly applicable when it comes to solving the stretch marks and scar problems. So, the products below are divided into 2 sections; Treating from inside and Treating from outside.
Treating from Inside
1) Aloe Vera Gel
Our skin has a replenishing period of 21-28 days within which new cells move from the bottom layer (hypodermis) to the top layer (epidermis) of the skin. Therefore, in order to have good healthy skin, it is important to provide these new cells with all the nutrients/building blocks they need from the inside.
- contains a rich supply of these nutritional building blocks that will help you acquire healthy skin. The skin cells can utilise these nutrients to effectively fight against the daily effects of aging.
- Another benefit of drinking Aloe Vera Gel is that it dilates the capillaries in the skin tissue, which results in an improved supply of oxygen to the skin cells. An improved oxygen supply leads to faster formation of collagen and elastin repair, hence increasing the strength, elasticity and synthesis of skin tissue.
- Finally, Aloe Vera Gel’s high water content is a great way to hydrate, moisturise and rejuvenate the skin from inside. As a result, scars and the formation of keloids are reduced.
- Vitamins A and E, and Selenium are all powerful antioxidants, protecting the cell membranes and in a larger picture – the body tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals and ageing effects.
- So think of these antioxidants as a bulletproof vest shielding you from bullets. They also repair and maintain healthy skin, preserving the texture of the skin.
Other natural products that can be use internally for stretch Mark
- Nature-Min contains the following minerals: Calcium, phosphorus, Magnesium, iron, Zinc, Manganese, Copper, Iodine, Molybdenum, Selenium and Vanadium.
- These minerals are essential for skin development and function, forming essential components of enzymes in the skin.
- They absorb and filter UVA and UVB rays, reducing the amount of sun rays that penetrate the skin. This is important because the damage caused by stretch marks is usually worsened by overexposure to harmful sun rays.
- Minerals increase the antioxidant defence mechanisms in the skin.
- They also enhance the healing process in the skin by accelerating cell regeneration which is important for damaged skin.
Treating from Outside
1) R3 Factor
R3 factor is packed with a rich combination of aloe vera gel, soluble collagen, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), fortified with vitamins A and E. All these are vital to help the skin retain its natural moisture, restore its resilience and renew its appearance.
- AHA also known as fruit acids is one of the most important components of R3 Factor. These fruit acids act as exfoliants that loosen the dead damaged cells on the skin’s surface (as in the cases of stretch marks and scars) by dissolving the glue-like substances that bond dead skin cells together.
- Getting rid of these dead cells that usually create a barrier to moisturising creams means fresher and newer skin cells are exposed.
- The soluble collage and elastin improve the texture and elasticity of the skin as explained above.
- Vitamin A helps in the maintenance of healthy skin while Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which fights against ageing and damage from both external and internal factors.
For those with lighter sun-sensitive skin, R3 Factor should be used as a 4 week treatment , preferably during spring and/or autumn to avoid intense sunlight.
For those with darker non-sensitive skin, R3 Factor can be used all year round.
R3 Factor should be used both in the morning and at night. Because it takes the skin 28 days to renew itself (an even longer as we get older), allow a similar amount of time to realise the full benefits of R3 Factor.
2) Forever Alpha-E Factor
- Forever Alpha-E Factor gives the skin a younger-looking appearance by moisturising the skin from within to deliver an perfect smoothness.
- Vitamin E protects the cell membranes of the skin cells from damage by free radicals.
- Vitamin A enhances the elasticity of the skin, reducing its susceptibility to damage by stretching.
- Vitamin C also enhances elasticity and goes a step further to prevent the formation of scar tissue.
- Lecithin in Forever Alpha-E Factor improves the suppleness of the skin, a benefit highly appreciated by ageing skin.
- Finally, Borage seed oil restores skin moisture, hence normalising and balancing dry skin while Bisabolol is essential for soothing sensitive skin.
- Bisabolol – a natural, soothing ingredient with a light citrus aroma, suitable for even sensitive skin.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – a natural emollient from coconut oil which moisturizes without the heavy, greasy feel of other oils.
- Soybean Oil – A texture-enhancing moisturizer with antioxidant properties.
Other external natural products you can use for stretch Mark
Aloe Moisturizing Lotion has outstanding humectant and moisturising properties, and it is loaded with aloe vera, collagen and elastin, all crucial for soft and elastic skin.
- Aloe vera has a high penetration power, penetrating the skin layer 4x faster than water. It has the unique ability to transfer water deep into the skin tissue, making it a perfect hydrating and moisturising agent.
- One of the most important properties of Aloe Moisturizing Lotion is that it stimulates cell division and accelerates tissue regeneration. This is very important because the skin cells damaged by stretching and injury (stretch marks and scars) can be quickly replaced.
- Like you know by now, cells of the epidermis renew every 28 days give or take. Aloe vera in Aloe Moisturizing Lotion through a direct effect on cell division factors, accelerates granulation of the skin tissue, hence causing faster regeneration of cells.
- Aloe also activates and enhances the function of fibroblasts, which are collagen-producing cells. A skin rich in collagen and elastin is much more elastic and less prone to damage from rapid expansion and stretching.
Other benefits of Aloe Moisturizing Lotion include: regulating the pH levels of the skin; inhibits the multiplication of bacteria, viruses and fungi; acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and astrigent; and dilates blood vessels to improve circulation.